S. Bernstein & Co. began July 17, 1991 at Daniel Burnham Court located at Post and Van Ness Street. The gallery expanded twice while at DBC, eventually growing to 3,600 square feet and a staff of five full time employees.
In May, 1997, the Company relocated to the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel in a high traffic location. Our Fairmont Gallery comprises 356 square feet of retail space. The Fairmont Hotel, built in 1905 was destroyed in the 1906 Earthquake. It was rebuilt and opened in 1907. The Fairmont epitomizes the Gilded Age spirit of San Francisco enthusiasm for the City by the Bay.
During the past 28 years the company has published a dozen volumes in our field of Oriental Art, and more than two dozen articles, 40 seminars presented in New York and Beijing. Works of art from S. Bernstein & Co. may be found in over a dozen Museum locations world wide.
We have stayed true to our original mission of providing expertise in our field to collectors, Museum curators and handling museum quality works of art to our clientele.
You may collect with confidence from S. Bernstein & Co.